Jumia

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I WISH.

I wish I was your girl
I would love you
I would come home early
I would love to loved by you
Be swept in your arms.

Why do you love her?
She treats you bad
More like trash.

I watch you
After every game
You smile
Search the crowd
Bow your head
Wipe your tears.
Hiding your disappointment
You walk with your head
Held high
Receive your trophy
Say a few loving words
Then walk away.

If I was her
I would be by your side
Treasure every moment
Never make you cry.

You kiss the kids goodnight
Tuck them in
You are the perfect father
I wish I was your girl.

I listen to the plea in your voice
Every time you ask her why?
She shrugs her shoulders
Sighs and walks away.

Behind closed doors
I hear you cry
Asking the Lord why?
Why does it have to hurt?

I see your tears
I feel your fears
Love me instead
And you will never cry only smile.

©thelma migue, 2010

From the cizoepoetry collection

No comments:

Post a Comment