Jumia

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

S.A.M.E Y.O.U

So I was minding my own business when I bumped into you.
Seeing you again was quite a surprise
Considering we both fell off the face of the earth
And lost contact
Actually, I deliberately lost all contact.

Seeing you once again brought up all these emotions
You haven’t changed one bit
You talk the same
Smile the same
Tease the same
And make me blush
Naughty! Naughty!

I thought I had dealt with you
I thought that moving on with someone else would help forget you
Oh, I was so darn wrong.
All that happened is the feeling became dormant
Now I can’t stop thinking about you
What may and may not have been.

Those few minutes that I looked into your eyes
I saw questions and statements and queries and more questions
Things you’d like to ask but are afraid to ask
Things I’d like to say but I’m afraid to say
Maybe we’ll bump into each other again
And this time I’ll make you make it worthwhile.

© cizoe, 2017

A cizoepoetry collection

2 comments:

  1. those questions.. Do you think about me as much as I think about you? Do you remember that time? giggles

    ReplyDelete