Jumia

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

GHOST!

Was this supposed to be a one-time thing
Or
My favorite one
What did you take me for?
Was l just another side dish?
Some dessert
Before your main meal?
Was I not good enough for u?
You should have said this
Other than tormenting my brain
Thinking that the feeling was mutual
Why didn't you tell me from the very start
That you Were not ready For this?
If you no longer pick my calls
When I want to know how u are fairing,
What will happen when I texted you about some child support.

Before ...
You get her to marry you tomorrow
Please let me know what I did that was wrong...
Wait...
Was is my relatively dark skin?
Was is my IQ?
Was it my inner being?
Was it the lines on my head?
What made it a one-time thing?
Why her and not me?

Probably ...
I should have been mentally protected
Other than just physical protection
So I'll stay under the sheets
Till that sunset
That wedding sunset the two of you will watch
For it couldn't have been us...

Written by Poet Flani Qui


3 comments:

  1. Tormented... I want it again. I want to fan the smoke and make it fire again. I want to be assisted in regaining the joy I cherish together

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete