Jumia

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

TIRED!

I said no
Not maybe
Not tomorrow
Certainly not yes
It simply means no.

How many times do I have to say this?
It doesn’t matter if you buy flowers
It doesn’t matter if you use your sweetest voice
It doesn’t matter how charming you are
I still don’t feel you.

You say I will never know if I am missing out on a good thing
Well I know one thing
That good thing you talk about
It ain’t you
It doesn’t exist
Try that line on the girl I saw you trying to charm yesterday.

You talk about wedding bells
You talk about having kids
You talk about making a home
All I see is a dude trying to score
If you didn’t interest me yesterday
Then you certainly won’t today.


Your eyes tell a different story
I see the way you look at me
I see the way you lick your lips
I see the way you look at my curves
You have that same look just before the kill.

I know hunting is in your blood
You won’t stop until you get what you want
Even the lion knows when it’s been beat
Get gone and stay gone
I ain’t interested
My no definitely means no.

© thelma migue, 2016

A cizoepoetry collection.

2 comments:

  1. Can the ladies who reason likewise raise up their hands to be counted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete