Jumia

Thursday, October 17, 2013

UNTITLED!!

[I never meant to start a war
I just wanted you to let me in
And instead of using force
I guess i should have let you in
I never meant to start a war
I just wanted you to let me in
I guess i should have let you win]

Those were the last words i heard as the door closed
The silence after the storm was defening
We were the too proud to admit
Too proud to admit the obvious
Too proud to say i am sorry
I always felt weak next to you
I always felt not good enough for you
You always let me know my flaws
You always let me know the imperfect me
You were perfect and i imperfect
There was no US
It was YOU and I

The irony of it all
Even after you have started your other life
We will always want each other

© thelma migue, 2013

A cizoepoetry collection

No comments:

Post a Comment