Jumia

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

LETTER TO NANA


It has been over 10 years since you left us

I have grown up from the naive girl 

I crave your advice.

I miss the days we would take drives and you would analyze everyone

I miss all the silly jokes you would tell me

I miss the sternness you had and the funny way you taught me things

Looking at your picture everyday

I can almost hear your laugh, see you smile, feel you hold my hand as you look me in the eye and say nikee….

I remember the day you threw the maize cobs at me and I laughed myself to stitches

Your expression was to die for…. J

As the days go by I think about you more and more

I haven’t got married yet

Actually, I haven’t found the right man

Anyway, I am not in a hurry 

I still remember what you told me

The qualities you told me are what I look for.

I have a little girl

She has a gap in the teeth just like you

She smiles like you

She is totally adorable

I know if you had met her you would have fallen in love with her.

Haiya! Wait!

You are a great grandmother posthumously

We miss you.

*Dedicated to my Nana

©thelma migue, 2013

                       A cizoepoetry collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment