Jumia

Monday, July 1, 2013

CROSS


After a nerve wrecking couple of months

Trusting “people”

Lies and deceit

I am totally and utterly fed up

Apart from people who are only happy with negativity

Others lie, back stab, just for a few pieces of silver

And think that the grass is greener on the other side

What they fail to realize is the work, heartache and hours it takes to get it as it is

I am not a person who gives in

I am tired, fed up and ready to throw in the towel

Walk into the sunset

What stops me is my commitment

My word

My honor

The fight

The faith of a better tomorrow

The little person I see every evening

My weakness

I don’t know when to give up

I keep going and going.



©thelma migue, 2013

                                                 A cizoepoetry collection

No comments:

Post a Comment