Jumia

Sunday, February 3, 2013

CAN I?

Can I lay my head down?
Close my eyes
Wish you away.

Can I forget today?
Can I wish for yesterday?
Can I turn back time?
Can I follow my heart?

Can I seduce you?
Make you do my bidding
Wait until that moment
When you are helpless
Begging me to finish
Leave you in pain
As you curse the day I was born.

Can I make you love me?
When I loathe seeing you everyday.

Can I be me?
Stop pretending
Live the life I want
Not worry about tomorrow
Do whatever I want
When I want.

Can I walk through the mall?
Tears rolling down my face
No tissue to wipe my face.

Can I dance in the rain?
Can I sit in the middle of the highway?
Pretend to meditate.

Can I walk into a restaurant?
Order the most expensive meal
Sit on the table
Take a bite
Not pay the bill.

Can I pick my nose?
Flick whatever comes out
Watch it mix with your food
Watch you eat it
Laugh myself to death.

Can I shout at the top of my voice?
Scream the most obscene words?
Show the finger
Pull down my pants
Show my awesome ass
And not give a damn.

Can I?


© thelma migue, 2013

A cizoepoetry collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment