Jumia

Monday, September 24, 2012

SINS

Forgive me father for I have sinned
Go on my child
It has been 8 years since my last confession
I have sinned in various ways
Various forms
I have lied
Cheated
Been unfaithful
I have killed
Destroyed
Plundered
Cast spells
Shown the evil eye
Cursed
Fornicated
Converted another man
Spoken against the church
Blasphemed
I have an unforgiving heart
I have struck peoples hearts with swords
Spoken death
Murdered in broad daylight
In doing all this
I have blackened my soul
Can I be forgiven?
Will the Lord God forgive me?
Will the people I have offended forgive me?
I will do penance
The duration I ask
For a lifetime
If I must cleanse my soul
But first I must partake of the blood in my gold rimmed cup.








©thelma migue, 2012

A cizoepoetry collection 

No comments:

Post a Comment