Jumia

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

IS HE?

He received a text message this morning
Afterwards his mood was kinda off.
Later he was playing with his phone
I snuck up on him in a playful way
Just as I saw the name
He switched off the phone
I asked who is DD?
His reply…just a friend.


He got a phone call
Stood up and walked out of the room
Whispered into the phone
Closed the door of the room
Talked for over 20 minutes.

His phone beeped
We looked at each other
He grabbed the phone
Read the message
Switched off the phone
Afterwards, his smile was sheepish.

His mood is off today
He walked in
Looked at me with rage
Didn’t kiss me
Did not hug the kids
Shut the door of the room
Took a shower
And went straight to sleep.

Last week he bought a new cologne
Totally different from what he uses
Got a new hair cut
Bought a new suit, jeans and a couple of shirts
He takes his sweet time in front of the mirror
Hums a certain song as he leaves.

He came home late
Didn’t bother to call
When I asked why he is late?
He brushed it away with the “I was working late”, “I was drinking with the boys”, “I was meeting with a client”….
I asked why he did not call to let me know
His reply “do I have to?” “When did you become my mother?”
You ask too many questions he said
All of a sudden he turned around
Kissed me and told me he cares.

He had a dreamy look on this face
An angelic smile
Just like the smile he had when we were dating
He was humming the song again
When I asked what is making him smile
His reply nothing, I am just happy.

My intuition is all over the place
My tummy is topsy turvy
My emotions are helter skelter
Am I paranoid?
Or is he………..

©thelma migue, 2012

A cizoepoetry collection

No comments:

Post a Comment