Jumia

Friday, December 30, 2011

THE SYMBOL

I wear the symbol of our love,
It connects us heart to heart,
It is a constant reminder of our journey
From what we were to who we are now,
Every time I look at it
Every time I wear it
It speaks volumes.
I do not have to state my position
You did that a long time ago
Without it I am lost
Alone and vulnerable
With it I am protected
I am bound
It is a reminder of the promise
It is a reminder of the love shared
It is a reminder of the tears shed
The pain felt
The lonely days and nights
It brings us a step closer
Closer to what we are
Closer to the future
It keeps us close.
When the future becomes the present
It will move to the beat of my heart
I will take it to the grave
When my heart stops beating

©thelma migue, 2011

From the cizoepoetry collection

No comments:

Post a Comment