Jumia

Friday, July 29, 2011

AM I

Is it me or am I loosing touch?
Is it us or are we growing apart?
Sometimes I wonder if I am to blame
I don’t get excited anymore
There is no one else.
This feels robotic
Everything is a routine
Is it the distance
Maybe, I don’t know
I think not.
I long to be held through the night
I long to hear those sweet nothings
I long to see your smile
I long to hear your voice
I don’t like the distance
I don’t have much of a choice
I have to be brave and be strong
Tick tock goes the time
Maybe I am just irritated
With the latest calls
Why now?
I have put all the blocks but still
Maybe I need to take a break
Rejuvenate and rekindle that spark
The one that makes my heart jump
This I promise not to break
I have come a long way
To start giving up now
At this point is when I need and miss your common sense.

©thelma migue, 2011

From the cizoepoetry collection

No comments:

Post a Comment