Jumia

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

SILENCE

We don’t talk as much anymore
You walk into the room
Take one look at me
My blood freezes in its veins
My heart stops beating
For a minute I don’t breathe
I start to shiver
It feels like I just went to Siberia and returned
You change clothes
Change wallets
Walk out of the room
You take a side glance
No words can explain how I feel
I bow my head in shame
Like I did something wrong
You take one last look
My eyes plead and apologize
What I wouldn’t give to hear your voice
Just to hear the one line that drives me crazy
Even if we have to pick fights
At least I will hear your voice
Maybe I will hear
Maybe I will feel your love
But instead
I feel you’re the hate you feel
Did you say something?
I could have sworn you did
It was just the silence playing tricks on me.

©thelma migue, 2011

From the cizoepoetry collection

No comments:

Post a Comment