Jumia

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

THE OTHER WOMAN

Tired of being her
Tired of walking in her shadow
Tired of being put on hold
Seeing me at his convenience
After a hard days work
Getting ready to unwind
Soaked in the bubble bath
Soft music playing in the background
Sipping on a glass of wine
I close my eyes
Loose myself in the dreams
The door bell rings
I slowly get myself out of the bath
Water dripping on the floor
Put on my bathrobe
Tie the sash
Put on my bedroom slippers
The door bell rings again
This time with lots of impatience
I open the door
There he stands
Holding a bottle of wine in one hand
A bouquet of red roses in the other hand
A wicked smile on his face
Oh baby no!
Not this time
I am tired
I want out
I start to close the door
He puts his foot in the door
Closes it behind him
Places the wine on the side table
Grabs my hand
Pulls me close
Wraps his arms around my waist
Looks me in the eyes
Kisses me
I start to struggle
Loose my resolve
Finally give in
Wrap my hands around his neck
Maybe next time I will have the strength,
Maybe next time

©thelma migue, 2011

From the cizoepoetry collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment