Jumia

Friday, October 15, 2010

PLEASE

I can’t disrespect you
You are bigger than I am
I can’t hate you
The love I have has no bounds
I can’t run away from you
I see you every day in the mirror
And hear your voice in my head
Sometimes you are the voice of reason
Other times you bring my world crushing down
I want to live
You keep pulling me back
Let me live
I have lived with you
I have lived for you
I have sacrificed all I have
If I could give my last breath for you I would
I love and I respect you
Please do not make me choose
Between love and duty
Between the future and the present
Between you and me
I do not want this
I did not ask for this
For a minute see my side
Sometimes things are not black and white
Straight forward and in place
You taught me that
You taught me to follow my heart
Follow what I believe in
Be myself
I am doing what you taught me
I am being me
You know how to get me
With the only thing that matters
All I ask is for your blessing
I do not want anything else
Just you’re blessing.

©thelma migue, 2010

From the cizoepoetry collection

No comments:

Post a Comment