Jumia

Monday, June 7, 2010

PRISON OF ICE.

The pain I have gone through
The time I spent crying
The time I looked back
When I thought I had closed the door
I realized a left it open a jar
Over time
Things have worn off on me
I am scared of the unknown
When you get too close
I pull away into my hole
Close it a little bit
Shelter my heart and soul.
I don’t want this pain
It keeps coming back
When I least expect
It is driving me wild
I wrapped my heart
With barbed wire
When you try to pull it away
You tear a piece of me
I cry in pain
The wounds are bleeding again
The blood is red and fresh
The pain drowns me
I lose track of time
In my cocoon
I fall into a dreamless sleep
Full of my demons and dark moments
You may not understand
I am not easy to follow
Don’t pull away
This is the time I need the most help
This is when I need your hand to hold me
This is when I need your chest to lay my head
This is when I need your arms to keep me secure
My hands are numb
From chipping at the ice carved in stone
I may be strong on the outside
On the inside
I am weak


©thelma migue, 2010

From the cizoepoetry collection

No comments:

Post a Comment