Jumia

Friday, June 25, 2010

OBSESSION

I am so taken by you
I can’t get enough of you
My thoughts revolve around you
Yet I do not know you.
I search for you on the internet
I read your biography over and over
I listen to you
I read your articles over and over.
I want to know more about you
What do you do in your free time?
What do you like?
What do you dislike?
What are your favorite hangouts?
What side of the bed do you sleep on?
I watched you in the shopping mall
Holding your kids and goofing with your wife
Your family seems complete and happy.
But first
I have to get to know you better.
I passed the interview
Though your wife said I was over qualified.
I clean and cook for you
The other day
I walked into your room
Sat on your side of the bed
Wore your favorite pajamas
Slept on your side of the bed
It felt like you were holding me
Caressing me
Kissing me
Mmmmmm......


©thelma migue, 2010

From the cizoepoetry collection

No comments:

Post a Comment