Jumia

Saturday, May 22, 2010

THE REVENGE PART V

As I sat watching my husband
Playing with our son
I went through the letters
That had come in that morning
This particular one
Caught my eye
It was addressed to me

Dear Madam,

How are you and your husband? Is life treating you well? Well I am sure he told you the whole story of how I kept him hostage and how he dramatically escaped. I knew it was useless to keep him hostage but I made it look like he changed my mind. I could see he loved you. I have been watching your family grow. You two make a lovely couple and with your son you are the perfect family picture.

Your husband did not get away easily. The day he left I nailed the last nail in the coffin. It is about time you both got tested. My revenge is ripe for the taking.

Kiss your son for me.

Yours truly,
………………………………..

I called my husband
Showed him the letter
As he read
His jaw dropped
The blood drained from his face
The only words I could think of
Sweet revenge.

THE END.

©thelma migue, 2010

From the cizoepoetry collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment