Jumia

Thursday, May 20, 2010

THE REASON Part III

You caught my eye
The day you walked by
I curse the day you talked to me
You made me hate school
Every day was a nightmare.
I know
You do not remember me.
I was the nerd
The one with the owl spectacles
The clumsy girl
Who always bumped into stuff
I would sit at the farthest corner
Of the field
Watching you train.
I used to be the butt of your jokes.
Do you remember the girl
You used to pile your homework on?
I would do it without complaining
When you passed your finals
You didn’t thank me
I swore one day you would pay.

………………………………………………………………………….

I went to campus
Graduated with honors
You left town
The next time I saw you was on television
You were being interviewed
You had just come back from an international match
The team had won
And you being the captain
Got the spotlight

………………………………………………………

I bumped into your best friend
We got together
He had feelings for me
But I had another agenda
He was my means to an end.
When I did come for your engagement party
I saw your jaw drop
And the envy in your sweethearts eyes
I stole the spotlight
For once I was the belle of the ball.
My name did not ring a bell
……………………………………………………………..

Overtime I changed
From the caterpillar I became a butterfly
I got rid of the spectacles
Started wearing contacts
And later went for laser treatment
I became a beautiful woman
Not just with looks but with brains.

……………………………………………………………………

From the bully
You became a gentleman
Don’t forget
I know
The gutter you came from
I loathe you
For everything you did to me
Your cries do sound a little bit too familiar
“Please don’t hurt me”.
“Why?”
“Please, please, I will do anything.”

Now let's see
If you can make it in time

©thelma migue, 2010

From the cizoepoetry collection

Look out for Part IV THE DECEIT

No comments:

Post a Comment