Jumia

Monday, March 29, 2010

RED DEVIL

Yesterday,
I woke up
Feeling like a fool.
I shouldn’t
I could’ve
If I walked away
I wouldn’t
Be feeling this way.
Like a drug
I am addicted to you
I can’t help it
You keep pulling me back.
I walk to the shower
There I get refuge
I know once there
I can escape you.
You touch me
Your grip is tight
I am sprung
Strung out
Whatever, you want to call it.
I walk towards you
Just looking at you
Consumes me
In the event
That I should bend
And I can’t resist
May they know I tried.
I really did try.
A tear streams down my cheek
As I slowly give in
Slowly give up the fight….

As you touch my lips
Slowly trickle down my throat
I give up the fight
For my thirst is quenched
For another night
Till I begin to fight
At the dawn of tomorrow’s sunrise.

©thelma migue, 2010

1 comment:

  1. Twisted work, great work you caught my attention. The best part is the suspense in your work it makes me want to get to the bottom of the poem quickly....... Awesome

    ReplyDelete