Jumia

Friday, October 16, 2009

SOULMATE

I met him on the internet.
His profile was too die for.
His photo was beautiful.
I called him Mr. Pretty.
Out of boredom
I started chatting with him
I had been ignoring his chats
For quite a while now.
We decided to meet
I had never being on a blind date.
On that day
My butterflies were killing me.
I wanted to cancel the date
But curiosity got the better of me.
We met at a coffee house
The minute I walked in
He recognized me
He said I looked more beautiful in real.
I laughed like a little gal.
One date led to another
Drinks led to dinner.
The day he kissed me
I lost my mind.
I was overtaken by emotion
Surrendered and devoted.
He consumed my every thought.
He was everywhere I was
I was everywhere he was.
Ten years have gone
I remember them
Like they were yesterday.

“Madam it is time to throw the soil” the priest cuts through my day dream
I lift my black veil.
Pick the soil from the spade.
Hold it and feel the warm of the sun.
Reminds me, of the warmth of your body.
I throw it in as the priest says…
Dust to dust, ashes to ashes.
You are gone in the physical
But forever you will be in my heart.

©thelma migue, 2009

2 comments:

  1. This is unique, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u very much...........thanks for appreciating my art........

    ReplyDelete