Jumia

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

INFIDELITY

From across the room
I felt his stare.
It burnt through my being
I felt like I was being scrutinized.
It was as if he saw my sin
Deep within.
I blushed from head to toe.
Everywhere I moved
His eyes moved with me.
He tilted his head
And like a woman possessed
I followed him to the lounge.
We exchanged numbers
First and last names.
He called after a week…
The rendezvous was set.
We meet in an apartment
Got down to business.
You see,
I was a bored woman
Living a life of luxury
Without passion
Without service.
I felt like a china doll.
This continued for months….
In the midst of it all
With all the pleasure
Mourning and groaning…


Aw….John….
I called out his name,
In the heat of passion
I confessed my infidelity…….

©thelma migue, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment